Squadron Notice Board

Home Forums Squadron Notice Board

This topic contains 71 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  bobb 5 days, 1 hour ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 72 total)
  • Author

Chrisellis
    Participant

Morning Brum

You are on the notice board. That’s where I just read this blog. Were you logged in? It’s just a matter of filling it in and I’m pretty sure you can click a “remember me” button and then you go straight on. The “notice board” button is at the top.

George Cowie is your man for answering the “trip to France 2019” question.

The idea was that we went on the 100th anniversary of each of the war years i.e. 1914 – 1915 -………….1918 etc and paid tribute to the men who had died or were killed in that particular year, so we have completed that particular exercise.

We’ll be pretty busy with the Cassino job over the next eight months or so. But I don’t see that as an impediment to going to France. We’ve had some pretty good does there over the last five visits. Even if George isn’t going I’m sure he’d be happy to give you a detailed tour guide. All you need then is a bit of company and your Tom-tom.

brummieharper166
    Participant

Hi all, I am wondering why I cannot get on to the Notice Board on the new site? I have tried several times but to no avail. All I want is to ask if those of you who are intending to go to the REunion at the Royal Court Hotel Coventry, could you please send me your menu choices as I need this to take with me on my next visit to the hotel and to let the Chef have an idea of the amount of produce to order. Also it will help with the advance arrangement of the tables. I must also remind those who have received the menu that the Roast Rack of Lamb and the Baileys Cheesecake have been taken off the menu. I must also mention that I watched the 1918 tribute and thought it very interesting. Well done to all concerned, are there any such trips planned for next year?

Chrisellis
    Participant

Just watched the “docu soap” from France and I wondered if there will be any royalties in the future. I’m waiting by the phone for a weirdo from Hollywood ringing me and offering a part. So far nothing.

Chrisellis
    Participant

Superb trip and made a bit better by the input from Henry Day. It’s always interesting to hear the same story from a different perspective. Not a bad navigator as well. He should be arriving in Australia about now.

I’ll ring you sometime this week, George, and bring you up to date on the Amazon job. I had a good meeting on Friday night and made very welcome by a good audience.

Looking forward to seeing everyone at Coventry, especially those who missed out on last year. Book early to avoid disappointment.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks ago by  Chrisellis.

Ginge
    Participant

Thanks George, looks like a good tour with some good weather

Geordie C
    Participant

Nice one, Gordon, now we know why he is always at the doctor’s. He’s a businessman through and through!!

I’ve put together some photos and clips of the BHT Trail we have just done.  I’ve got loads of footage to put together on film, 7 Field Company’s works and contribution to the war in 1918. That will follow in due course.

Don’t forget your 5 a day. Stay safe and well.

GC

Gordon Dadd
    Participant

If you look, the last post on here was Chris Ellis telling us about his love life!!!!!

Gordon Dadd
    Participant

Hi Geordie. I think the problem is there are only 17 members on this site so it is not getting a lot of use. Maybe posts like yours will wake a few people up and get more people using it.

Geordie Stannard
    Participant

Hi Guys, there doesnt appear to be much happening on the site,Im wondering if anyone is still alive in 7 land,it would be nice to here from you all from time to time.Ray Rowe and myself will be joining you all at Coventry in April all being well.

I had a fantastic time in Osnabruck with the three amigos Ginge Ray and Morty and we may even go back again next year,if the EU will let us in.So come on lads let your fingers do the talking and communicate with your fellow Sappers.

Chrisellis
    Participant

A couple, both 78 years old, went to a sex therapists office. “What can I do for you?” asked the doctor.

The man said “will you watch us have sex?”

The doctor was a bit puzzled but agreed.

When they were finished the doctor said “There’s nothing wrong with the way you have sex” and charged them £50

This happened for several weeks in a row. The couple would make an appointment, have a good session of sex without a problem, pay the doctor and leave.

Finally the doctor asked “Just exactly what are you trying to find out?”

“We’re not trying to find anything” replied the man. She’s married so we cant’ go to her house. I’m married so we can’t go to mine. The Holiday Inn charges £90. The Hilton charges £110. We can do it here for £50 and get £43 back from BUPA

Ginge
    Participant

Found this on the REA Home page under News and Eevnts
    FAREWELL TO BAOR 2019 – The Royal Engineers Association
    http://www.reahq.org.uk › News & Events
    FAREWELL TO BAOR 2019. June 26th, 2018 … Auf Wiedersehen BAOR special train in June 2019 … FAREWELL TRAIN ITINERARY Download v2. Contact the …

Ginge
    Participant

Have put together a short film of our trip to Osnabruck (12 mins)

Chrisellis
    Participant

Minibus for BHT is booked

Gordon Dadd
    Participant

Blighmy  Ginge. That picture brings back a few memories —mostly good ones though

Ginge
    Participant

The new Google Earth mapping system gives a good overview of Roberts Barracks as it was about 2 years ago. Type in, An Der Nette Heide Osnabruck. There’s a lot of building going on inside now, mainly to left and right of inside main gate and behind our old block by the swimming pool. Unfortunately, you can’t place the little man anywhere, this system is inop. Also good for anywhere you wish to have a look at.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 72 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.