Squadron Notice Board

Home Forums Squadron Notice Board

This topic contains 165 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  Chrisellis 19 hours, 24 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 166 total)
  • Author

Chrisellis
    Participant

See Coventry 2019 page for updated subs list

RayR
    Participant

Careful Chris, remember what he did to it!!!

Chrisellis
    Participant

Ray

I was thinking of Roy Rodgers. The one with the nice horse

Chrisellis
    Participant

1st August?

RayR
    Participant

Chris

We don’t have a Rodgers, only Rogers.

Thanks for caring.

Chrisellis
    Participant

Anybody got contact details for Johnny Greenhalgh ?

Patrick Cobb wants to contact him

Chrisellis
    Participant

Is Ray R Ray Rodgers or Ray Rowe?

RayR
    Participant

Thank you for the update Chris. I for one will be pleased to receive information regarding the discussions and agreements reached at the AGM plus of course the accounts. Well done (when we see  them).

Ray

Chrisellis
    Participant

I am going to produce a set of (quasi?) minutes so that there is a hard copy of what was decided on Saturday  27th April 2019 at the AGM. I’ll try and do it in Agenda Order.

I was asked, last year and also in previous years, if minutes were available and I’ve always said “not unless someone else took them” because I don’t think it’s right (safe ) for a treasurer (in this case me) to do so.

However nobody came forward so I’ll do the next best thing. If anyone out there (who was present at the weekend and specifically at the AGM) disagrees with anything on here, I want them to say so immediately. ON HERE. So that others who read it will know what’s going on. If you were not there I can’t see how you can raise an objection but I have no doubt somebody will.

When I left home on Friday lunchtime I was more or less convinced that we were going to the last reunion. Certainly in it’s established format. I thought the damage done over the last couple of years had made it a dead duck. But no. I had reckoned without the resilience of 7 Sqn had I not. Not only has it survived it is in very good shape. I had only just parked the car when Gordon Dadd came to me and put his name in the frame for next years do which will be at Wisbeach, quickly followed by Brummie Harper who wanted to do it again in 2021 but in a different location and Brighton was mentioned. I do believe that’s a first. When you consider the position Brummie was left in last year it’s a measure of the man. And just in case you haven’t been thanked by everyone who went, Thanks Brummie.

Patrick Cobb suggested we cut the reunion to every two years and I don’t think it got any support. In fact I don’t remember anyone who was convinced that planning two years ahead was viable. But thanks anyway Patrick.

Future reunions have been covered above but there was a surprise awaiting us all. Flick Almond put his head round the door and asked if he could stay. Brummie sorted that bit out and Mick explained he’d been working nearby (Oxford I think he said) at his brothers and decided to call in. So we were one up.

We were told (by Scouse Bridges) that Slim Simmons wife Judy is in a far worse state than any of us was aware. Apparently an operation has gone as not to plan and she is in a worse state now than before it was done. I think this is the first reunion they have missed and, just in case you read this Slim & Judy, you were missed by us all. Get better quickly and definitely in time for next year Judy.

Subs collection this year was £210.00 which is very good considering there were only 15 of us at the meeting. Patrick Cobb paid his £10 and asked for our bank details to make it a DD and I decided not to tell him that Henry Day had never paid subs. He might start a new trend. The raffle raised £148.00 which again was very good, all things considered. I’ll publish a balance sheet and subs list and put them on here in a day or two.

I raised the question of the (new) website and the majority thought there was nothing much wrong with it and we should continue using it (I think that was Steve Duncan’s suggestion) and it went through unopposed. If anyone is having a problem navigating it please ask. I find it to be the best way and someone else has had the headache of working it out. To be honest I never thought it was difficult but I have a ‘web guy’ here so I just ask him rather than struggle. For those of you who prefer the ubiquitous facebook please copy everyone in and the messages will get there one way or the other. When contacting me via facebook please resist the temptation to put ten “letter O’s” after simple words. (Sooooooooo Cooooool etc) I know it’s a very trendy thing to do but it really p’s’s me off. Or don’t send them to me, whichever you are happy with.

We finished the AGM off with the Cassino cock up. You will be aware, if you managed to access the new website, that we have now been put on the list for dosh from the REA. Not in time for the 75th anniversary though. So we will be sorting things out while we are there in May and I will update you all when we have a story to tell. It should be this summer though and I’m advised that Cassino in summer is the place to be.

brummieharper166
    Participant

Hi all, thanks for a memorable weekend I really enjoyed it and in a weird way I’m looking forward to organising the 2021 Reunion. I spoke to a couple of members who seemed interested in going to Brighton. I will see what’s on offer and keep you informed but I will also look further North as well but please give me your preferences as I will check all suggestions.

I hope the rest of your year goes well, and we can meet again at Wisbech next year.

Brummie

Geordie C
    Participant

Thank you, everyone, for a great weekend and a big thumbs up to Brummie for organising it. Stay safe and don’t forget your 5-a-day.

GC

Gordon Dadd
    Participant

Photos of the reunion on the facebook page

Chrisellis
    Participant

For those of you who have saved up all winter to travel to Cassino it looks like it is now not possible to achieve it in time for the 75th anniversary. I’m just as disappointed as everyone else but the fact is that the grant has been approved and it will happen. Just in their time not mine or ours.

The new seating plan is on the REunion page

Chrisellis
    Participant

Does anyone know the name of Patrick Cobb’s partner?

Chrisellis
    Participant

Seating arrangements are on the Reunion 2019 page

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 166 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.