Squadron Notice Board

Home Forums Squadron Notice Board

Tagged: 

This topic contains 111 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  brummieharper166 6 days, 13 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 112 total)
  • Author

Geordie C
    Participant

Who the F*~K is running our country these days?  Take a look at this video and please go and sign the petition and share.

Chrisellis
    Participant

No matter what anyone has heard “on the grapevine” please be assured you can book now without incurring any cost. I’ve been booked a while now and they will not bill me until a few weeks before the event. Nor will you be billed for cancelling. It would be better to ask your questions on here rather than a rerun of last years organised debacle.

Chris

Chrisellis
    Participant

Hi Brum

Can you send it to my email as a pdf file and I’ll have a firkle with it

CE

brummieharper166
    Participant

Menu

This is all I get.

Chrisellis
    Participant

Morning Brumy Harper

I’ve made a few adjustments this morning so can you put the menu on your page – Coventry 2019 – and see if everything works OK

Chris E

Geordie C
    Participant

Something of interest, perhaps. On the latest BH Trail, we visited Venhuile where 7 Fd Coy built a pontoon bridge and infantry footbridges over the St Quentin canal 5 October 1918. Just five miles further south on the canal at a place called Riqueval, the Staffordshires of the 46th North Midland Division stormed and capture the bridge. This is a link to the centenary commemoration. Hope you find it of interest.

bobb
    Participant

stephenduncan
    Participant

Brummie, Sorry I haven’t seen the menu.

Regards

Steve D

brummieharper166
    Participant

Hi Ray, there is no problem with you ordering and booking in the New year, the reason I am asking for the menu is just to give me an idea of numbers. The hotel will get the bookings direct but I hope that the numbers I get from the menu will tally with there numbers for the bookings. I do not expect everybody to be booking this side of 2018 but it is nice to know that the process is still in motion.

See you at the Royal Court Hotel.

Brummie Harper.

RayR
    Participant

Brum

As I have informed you earlier I intend to join the reunion next year. Unfortunately I will not consider booking my room until the New Year and food some time after that. If the chef can not work to that schedule then it may prevent me attending if I can not eat.

Sorry if it gives you problems.

Ray

Chrisellis
    Participant

Morning Brum

You are on the notice board. That’s where I just read this blog. Were you logged in? It’s just a matter of filling it in and I’m pretty sure you can click a “remember me” button and then you go straight on. The “notice board” button is at the top.

George Cowie is your man for answering the “trip to France 2019” question.

The idea was that we went on the 100th anniversary of each of the war years i.e. 1914 – 1915 -………….1918 etc and paid tribute to the men who had died or were killed in that particular year, so we have completed that particular exercise.

We’ll be pretty busy with the Cassino job over the next eight months or so. But I don’t see that as an impediment to going to France. We’ve had some pretty good does there over the last five visits. Even if George isn’t going I’m sure he’d be happy to give you a detailed tour guide. All you need then is a bit of company and your Tom-tom.

brummieharper166
    Participant

Hi all, I am wondering why I cannot get on to the Notice Board on the new site? I have tried several times but to no avail. All I want is to ask if those of you who are intending to go to the REunion at the Royal Court Hotel Coventry, could you please send me your menu choices as I need this to take with me on my next visit to the hotel and to let the Chef have an idea of the amount of produce to order. Also it will help with the advance arrangement of the tables. I must also remind those who have received the menu that the Roast Rack of Lamb and the Baileys Cheesecake have been taken off the menu. I must also mention that I watched the 1918 tribute and thought it very interesting. Well done to all concerned, are there any such trips planned for next year?

Chrisellis
    Participant

Just watched the “docu soap” from France and I wondered if there will be any royalties in the future. I’m waiting by the phone for a weirdo from Hollywood ringing me and offering a part. So far nothing.

Chrisellis
    Participant

Superb trip and made a bit better by the input from Henry Day. It’s always interesting to hear the same story from a different perspective. Not a bad navigator as well. He should be arriving in Australia about now.

I’ll ring you sometime this week, George, and bring you up to date on the Amazon job. I had a good meeting on Friday night and made very welcome by a good audience.

Looking forward to seeing everyone at Coventry, especially those who missed out on last year. Book early to avoid disappointment.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by  Chrisellis.

Ginge
    Participant

Thanks George, looks like a good tour with some good weather

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 112 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.